It never ceases to amaze me how some people show up for an interview. I guess I should say it never ceases to amaze me how unprepared people are for interviews. Whatever happen to coming to an interview somewhat well dressed like a shirt and tie (men) and pant/skirt and blouse (woman).
· First things first, filling out the application. Please make sure you completely fill out the application and definitely put a contact phone number.
· Don't ever, ever, ever call and ask, "Are you hiring?" Get off your butt and go submit an application or submit one online--TAKE THE INITIATIVE.
· Don't ever chew gum during an interview.
· Don't bring friends with you to the interview.
· Do dress for success and look like you want a job.
· Do show up for the interview on time. My philosophy is "if you're not early, you're late".
· Do act like to want a job and not like you're entitled to a job.
These are just a few Do's/Don’ts I look for when I am going through the interview process and looking to hire someone.